It is customary for Aldermen to give an undertaking to surrender their office at least every six years. Elected in July 2013, I have taken the opportunity, in advance of running for Sheriff next year, to submit my resignation of office to the Court of Aldermen on 9 November. At the same time, I also indicated my intention to seek re-election. I submitted my nomination papers to the City of London Corporation on 16 November. If the election is contested, it shall be held on 13 December.
I would like to thank profusely for their support of my nomination:
- Proposer – Mr Nicholas Westgarth, Worshipful Company of International Bankers, Austin Friars
- Seconder – Mr Karl Craig, Canaccord Genuity, Lothbury
- Subscriber – Ms Mei Sim Lai OBE, Lai Peters, New Broad Street
- Subscriber – Mr Roger Sanders OBE, Lighthouse Group, Throgmorton Street
- Subscriber – Ms Elizabeth Corrin, China Construction Bank, Old Broad Street
- Election Agent – Ms Ruby Sayed (Barrister), Temple