It is customary for Aldermen to give an undertaking to surrender their office at least every six years. Elected in July 2013, I have taken the opportunity, in advance of running for Sheriff next year, to submit my resignation of office to the Court of Aldermen on 9 November. At the same time, I also indicated my intention to seek re-election. I submitted my nomination papers to the City of London Corporation on 16 November. If the election is contested, it shall be held on 13 December.
My campaign brochure is below, and I shall be working hard here on the site, and on the streets, for re-election.
I would like to thank profusely for their support of my nomination:
- Proposer – Mr Nicholas Westgarth, Worshipful Company of International Bankers, Austin Friars
- Seconder – Mr Karl Craig, Canaccord Genuity, Lothbury
- Subscriber – Ms Mei Sim Lai OBE, Lai Peters, New Broad Street
- Subscriber – Mr Roger Sanders OBE, Lighthouse Group, Throgmorton Street
- Subscriber – Ms Elizabeth Corrin, China Construction Bank, Old Broad Street
- Election Agent – Ms Ruby Sayed (Barrister), Temple