Much has been published on Broad Street Ward, but I thought it might be useful to have a background page that assembled some of the more interesting materials in one place:
The official City of London Corporation site for Broad Street Ward is a good place to start. For some interesting historical background – http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46755 – which shows that the Ward used to encompass additional sites of interest such as the Bank of England, the Stock Exchange, the Merchant Taylors, the Penny Post Office (and telegraph centre), as well as several churches no longer in the Ward.
Probably the best way to get to know the Ward is to join the Broad Street Ward Club!
A good historical link is here – http://www.londonlives.org/static/CityLocalGovernment.jsp
Important Sites in Broad Street Ward
- St Margaret Lothbury – Reverend Prebendary Jeremy Crossley is ever-welcoming to a church with a fascinating history, and do check out the long-running free organ recitals by Dr Richard Townend at 13:10 sharp every Thursday.
- The Dutch Church
- Worshipful Company of Carpenters
- Worshipful Company of Drapers
- Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers
- Worshipful Company of International Bankers
- British Bankers’ Association