I was delighted to receive the following “Statement of Persons Nominated” from Guildhall just after noon today. This means that the campaign is now closed with one candidate, unopposed. I would like to thank all of my supporters, but particularly my election agent and my five nominators:
- Election Agent – Ms Ruby Sayed (Barrister), Temple
- Proposer – Mr Nicholas Westgarth, Worshipful Company of International Bankers, Austin Friars
- Seconder – Mr Karl Craig, Canaccord Genuity, Lothbury
- Subscriber – Ms Mei Sim Lai OBE, Lai Peters, New Broad Street
- Subscriber – Mr Roger Sanders OBE, Lighthouse Group, Throgmorton Street
- Subscriber – Ms Elizabeth Corrin, China Construction Bank, Old Broad Street
I would also like to thank numerous voters in the Ward for their kind message, the many supporters at Broad Street Ward Club’s annual luncheon yesterday, and the kind messages online via LinkedIn and Twitter. I shall do my best to serve the Ward over the next six years, along with the civic team who generously gave their unreserved support:
- Deputy John Bennett
- Chief Commoner John Scott JP
- Chris Hayward CC
We want to continue trying to deliver more by Working for the City, Working for the Ward, Working for You.
There will still be a Wardmote at noon on Wednesday, 12 December, though no election on 13 December, at Carpenters’ Hall, 1 Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2JJ. All are welcome to attend the installation on 12 December. Feel free to let me know if you’re coming.